Traditional, Quick Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 5-6 ribs celery from the heart with leafy tops, chopped
- 3-4 medium size carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf, fresh or dried
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1/2 pound extra-wide egg noodles
- 1 pound chicken tenders or chicken cutlets, chopped
- 1/4 cup dill, chopped
- 2 cups popcorn or white cheddar popcorn, for garnish (optional)
- 1 cup oyster crackers, for garnish (optional)
Place a large soup pot over medium-high heat and add the EVOO. Add celery, carrots, onion and bay leaf and season with salt and pepper. Cook vegetables to make tender, 8-10 minutes.
Add stock and bring to a boil. Stir in egg noodles and chicken bits and simmer for 5-6 minutes. Stir in dill and turn off the heat.
Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with some popcorn or oyster crackers.