Right off the back of the Karo Syrup bottle.
Karo Syrup - Lifes Sweetest Little Secret
Classic Pecan Pie
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55 to 60 minutes
Yield: 1 pie
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) pecans
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked or frozen** deep-dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat eggs slightly with fork in medium bowl. Add sugar, Karo® Corn Syrup, butter and vanilla; stir until blended. Stir in pecans. Place pie dough in pie pan. Pour pecan filling into pie crust.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
- **To use prepared frozen pie crust: Place cookie sheet in oven and preheat oven as directed. Pour filling into frozen crust and bake on preheated cookie sheet.
- TIPS: Pie is done when center reaches 200°F. Tap center surface of pie lightly - it should spring back when done. For easy clean up, spray pie pan with cooking spray before placing pie crust in pan. If pie crust is overbrowning, cover edges with foil.