Not so sweet pecan pie
- 1 chilled unbaked 9 inch shortcrust pastry pie shell (see shortcrust pastry)
- 1¼ cups of chopped pecans
- 1 cup of light corn syrup
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 2 tbsp of melted butter
- 1 tbsp of molasses
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Line a 9 inch pastry case with the shortcrust pastry and layer the bottom of the pastry with the pecans.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the pecans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 - 45 minutes or until the mixture has set and is firm. Keep an eye on the pastry and check that it does not brown too much or burn.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.