- Servings: 8
- Total time: 45 minutes
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breast
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, ADD 1 tablespoon oil.
- ADD chicken, SEASON with salt and pepper and BROWN on both sides, about 7 minutes. REMOVE chicken to plate.
- ADD remaining oil, onion, pepper and celery to pot and COOK until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- ADD garlic and Cajun seasoning; STIR.
- ADD rice and TOAST slightly, about 1 minute.
- ADD remaining ingredients, BRING to a boil, then REDUCE heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
Nutrition information per serving:
Nutrition information per serving: 487 calories; 20 g fat; 3 g saturated fat; 37 mg cholesterol; 659 mg sodium; 57.6 g carbohydrate; 4 g fiber; 19 g protein