Vidalia Onion Side Dish
- 2 medium vidalia onions
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 Tbsp butter (divided)
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
- Fresh ground pepper (optional)
How to make it
- Peel 2 medium onions and cut a thin slice from bottom and top of each one. Scoop out a 1-inch-deep hole from the top of each onion. Place onions, top sides up, in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish with a lid. Add 1 beef bouillon and 1/2 tbsp butter to shallow hole in each ionion; cover with lid. Microwave, covered, at HIGH for 8 to 10 minutes or until onion is tender. Garnish each serving with fresh parsley sprig and pepper, if desired.
- They recommend only Vidalia or Texas Sweets for this recipe.
- Be sure to use a microwave-safe lid only; plastic wrap will melt
- If you'd rather grill, wrap each filled-and-topped onion in heavy-duty aluminum foil (or a double layer of regular aluminum foil). Grill over high heat (400 - 450 degrees) or until tender. Let stand 10 minutes.