8.11.2012

"Jiffy" Microwave Cornbread

"Jiffy" Microwave Cornbread

1 pkg Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1/3 + 2 Tbsp. milk
1 egg

Grease an 8 inch or 9 inch microwave safe dish.  A glass pie plate is fine.
Mix ingredients until will blended in a medium bowl.  Pour into prepared dish.  Microwave 8 minutes on medium (50%) power.

The bread will not brown so don't use color as an indicator that it's finished.  The edges will not get crispy as it does in the oven, but it is still a nice quick alternative.
Serve with butter and honey.

2 comments:

Frye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Frye said...

I ate the cornbread, all of it. I missed the brownness from cooking in the oven but definitely not the HEAT!

The cornbread was somewhat dry so the next time I cook it in the microwave I will try cooking it for only 7 minutes.

Next time, after it is done, I will brown the top with my toaster oven's broil feature.