Copycat Wendy's Chili
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 29-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 29-ounce can kidney beans with liquid
- 1 29-ounce can pinto beans with liquid
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 green chiles, diced
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- Brown the beef and drain the fat off.
- Crumble the cooked beef into pea size pieces.
- In a large pot, combine the beef with the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Cook, stirring every 15 minutes, for 2-3 hours.