I'm posting this, mostly for the sauce recipe.
- 1 large egg
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 8 ounces ground dark-meat turkey
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg, 1/4 cup water, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Stir in half the onion and half the garlic. Add breadcrumbs, cheese, pork, turkey, and 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Mix gently. Form into 16 balls.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the meatballs; brown on all sides, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon. Cook remaining meatballs in remaining tablespoon oil; remove meatballs.
- Add remaining onion; cook over medium-low until soft, about 5 minutes. Add remaining garlic and 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning; cook 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in tomatoes and 3/4 cup water. Return meatballs; cover, and simmer until cooked through, about 20 minutes. Remove meatballs.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti according to package direction until al dente. Drain; return to pot. Toss with sauce; serve meatballs on top, sprinkled with more cheese.