Homemade Pickle Relish:
- 1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 large dill pickles (sour, not half-sour), finely diced
- 1 small red pepper, grilled, peeled, seeded, and finely diced
- 1 small yellow pepper, grilled, peeled, seeded, and finely diced
- 1 small white onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
1. Bring vinegar, mustard seeds, and coriander seeds to a boil in a medium non-reactive saucepan on the grates of the grill; cook until reduced by half and slightly syrupy.
2. Remove from the heat, add the remaining ingredients, and gently toss to coat.
3. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.