Sausage and Beans
- 1 15-ounce can whole cooked unseasoned tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can your choice of red beans/kidney beans
- 1 pound of your choice of ground seasoned sausage, kilbasa
- 1 cup uncooked rice of your choice
- 1 cup water
1. Brown sausage in a medium-sized deep pan on medium heat. Break apart into small chunks.
2. Add tomatoes, crushing by hand into chunks, including all juice from the can
3. Add beans with their liquid.
5. Add water until mixture is sloppy.
6. Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about half an hour.
In the meantime, cook rice as you would normally do and set aside.
Serve sausage and beans over warm rice. Add salt/pepper to taste