10.10.2008

Ranch Pasta with Hamburger

I made this one up tonight and everyone loved it. I think this would have been good with ground chicken or turkey, or even with some pouched tuna. I'd use a large pouch or two small ones.

1 pound of ground chuck
1/2 of a large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1 box of pasta. Rotini, Bowties, or Gemelli would be good choices. I used Rotini coz that is what I had. :)
1 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
1 pouch dry ranch dressing mix

In a large pot, bring well salted water to a boil and drop your pasta. Cook according to package directions.
Meanwhile, In a large, deep sided skillet over meadium heat, brown the meat, onions and garlic and add the S&P.
In a medium bowl, combine the milk, sour cream and ranch mix until mixed.
When the meat is browned, drain off grease if necessary.
Drain the pasta when it is al dente.
Combine the meat mixture, pasta and sauce in one of the pans that is large enough to hold it all. For me, that would be the pasta pot. :)
Serve and Enjoy.

I served up some green beans on the side and think this would have been tasty with the green beans mixed in, however, my son would have had a fit.

No comments: