5.08.2008

Zucchini Bars

Zucchini Bars

Another great recipe from the Wall Drug Cookbook.
I substituted Splenda blend for the sugar but you can certainly use sugar for your bars. I will never know.

2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
3 eggs
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini

Cream together first two ingredients. Add in the eggs and beat well. Sift together all remaining ingredients except for vanilla and zucchini and add to the creamed mixture. Stir in vanilla and zucchini. Bake in a 10x13" pan at 350 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Frost to cool

Frosting:
3 oz pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. butter
Mix together and spread on cooled bars.

Verdict:
I think this could have stood more baking time.
It was very moist.
Not crazy about the Frosting. Too sweet for my taste.
My boys can't get enough of it though.

1 comment:

mental hygiene said...

Can't wait to try this recipe. Hope you don't mind I saved a link to it in my blog.