11.07.2007

Strogie Hogies/ My Way : )

I made Rachael Ray's Strogie Hogies and my son said it was the best sandwich ever! That is pretty high praise coming from Mr. Picky.
I am going to put down my version here. I will definitely make this again because it was so well loved and it is soooooooo easy with not many ingredients.
This are like beef stroganoff on a bun instead of noodles. You can definitely spoon the mixture on cooked egg noodles instead of bread.
This takes less then 15 minutes to cook. So easy.


Strogie Hogies/ My Way

1-1/2 # beef sirloin sliced very thin, no more then 1/4 inch
1 cup Flour
Salt and pepper or seasoned salt. I use Paula Deen''s House Seasoning.
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1-1/2 cups beef stock
1/3 cups sour cream
Sub buns or keiser rolls.

Pop the meat in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes. It will cut very thin and easily for you this way.

Slice the meat and dredge in seasoned flour mixture. If you use just salt and pepper to season the flour with, you may want to grate some onion on the meat while it is browning.


Heat a large skillet with the EVOO to medium high heat.

Knock off excess flour and place meat in pan in a single layer and brown the meat. It won't take long because it is so thin. Turn and brown the other side.

When meat is no longer pink, pour in the beef stock. Let it come to a boil and thicken. About a minute.
Stir in sour cream.

Serve on buns or rolls or over hot cooked egg noodles.

No comments: